Block Website on your Windows Computer easily and quickly with Block Website Utility. You can Block any Website on your Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 or any other Windows Operating System with this Block Website Software Utility. When any Website is Blocked, No Software Application or Browser can Navigate to the Blocked Website.
Download Trial Version of Block Website Software Utility Now and Block Unwanted websites from web browsers.
Block Website Utility's Main Screen
Trial Version Allows to use the utility upto 15 Times. Trial Version does not have any nagging popups
The Utility handles entries in windows hosts file
Entries in Windows Hosts file control how to connect to the outside world
The Utility Backs up current hosts file whenever changes are saved
The Utility can restore hosts file from saved / backed up hosts file
Easy Steps to Block Website for any browser
- Install the Utility and Launch the Utility.
- From the Main Screen Press the button Add Entry.
- In the Screen that pops up, enter the site name (e.g www.sitename.com) and click on OK.
- From the Main Screen Select Save Changes.
- Open new browser window and open the website (e.g www.sitename.com), your browser should not display the site and you have successfully blocked the site www.sitename.com.
How to Block Website using the Software Utility
- Download Block Website Utility.
- Launch the installer and start the installation.
- You can select the option to create Desktop Shortcut during the installation.
- Finish the installation.
- At the Last Page of the Installation Wizard, there is a check box to launch the application on the click of Finish Button (Note : Launching the utility from the wizard fails in Vista, you can launch the application from Desktop Shortcut or Quick Launch or Programs Menu).
- Launch the Block Website Utility using Desktop Shortcut or Quick Launch or Programs Menu.
- Main Screen of the Block Website Utility displays contents of current hosts file.
- Click on Add Entry button of the main screen.
- In the Dialog Box Popped up enter the name of the website you wish to block into the first edit box.
- For Example if you wish to block http://www.sitename.com then in the edit box enter www.sitename.com.
- Or if you wish to block http://sitename.com then in the edit box enter sitename.com.
- Now Click on OK to close the Dialog Box.
- Now from the Main Screen Click on Save Changes Button, the Block Website Utility will backup current hosts file and after that will save the new entry.
- Now open new browser window and open the website (http://www.sitename.com or http://sitename.com), your browser should not display the site.
- In case you created an entry of sitename.com in the Block Website utility then your browser should not open http://sitename.com.
- or if you created an entry of www.sitename.com in the Block Website utility then your browser should not open http://www.sitename.com.
How does Block Website Software Utility works
- The Block Website Utility add / edit entries in Windows Hosts File
- Windows Hosts File stores the mapping of IP Address to Name
- When you create an entry into the utility to Block website, the utility enters a record into the hosts file which says if user tries to go to sitename.com then go to ip address 127.0.0.1
- Or in other words the added entry says (if you have created an entry of sitename.com in the utility) when user tries to browse to http://sitename.com instead browse to http://127.0.0.1 and when http://127.0.0.1 does not exits, browser says page cannot be displayed.
Some Screenshots of Block Website Software Utility
Submit Comment / Feedback
Alarm Clock, Desktop Clock, and more
KeyWords : block websites easily with our block website software utility.